Pencil rounds at peak performance
LCR is a special polisher for straight edges and pencil rounds (max. thickness 4 cm) or regular chamfers (max thickness 6 cm). Its unique, original Marmo Meccanica design makes it possible to perform very small and high-quality pencil rounds at 30-40 meters/h (20-26 ipm). The counter-oscillating system guarantees high speed and performances with very low power consumption: only 0.75 kW for all six heads devoted to pencil rounds, in line with Marmo’s philosophy of doing better with less. LCR works perfectly with all kinds of natural, synthetic, engineered, and ceramic material.
Continuous working schedule: slabs are loaded on the machine one after the other, run through a series of mandrels, and go out with a polished and chamfered edge.
Models and accessories:
The LCR machine is supplied with two units of three counter-oscillating mandrels each, that can carry out spans of about 90° through an original and innovative mechanism invented by MM. That mechanism generates a natural, harmonious motion. It makes the masses of the two oscillating units balance out each other (and the reversing stresses compensate), thus allowing high oscillating frequencies. Alternatively, the two units of mandrels can be used in a static way (opposed at 45°), thus performing “classic” flat chamfering.
Briefly described, the LCR structure is composed of:
- no. 1 INGOING CALIBRATING/DRIP-SIZING UNIT, both crosswise and lengthwise adjustable, to gauge the thickness of the material with a varying depth (max. 6 cm from the edge) or, rotated to the horizontal axis position, for dripstone cutting.
- no. 7 MANDRELS FOR SMOOTHING AND POLISHING (up to 9 on request), the first of which equipped with a mechanical stop or diamond tool;
- no. 2 UPPER AND LOWER 45° CHAMFERING MANDRELS FOR PRECHAMFERING DIAMOND TOOLS, equipped with a mechanical stop, by which it is possible to establish the pencil-round edges dimensions;
- no. 2 GROUPS OF 3 MANDRELS EACH, COUNTER-OSCILLATING (mechanical stop on the 1st one of each group), for pencil-round chamfers (max. thickness 4 cm) and 45° flat chamfers (max. thickness 6 cm).
Extra accessories and supplementary groups are available on request.
- Dimensions from mm 5102 x 1735
- Power from 27,5 Kw
- 2 groups of 3 opposing mandrels, counter-oscillating of about 90° through a MM mechanism that generates a high frequency harmonious motion
- The 1st polishing mandrel is supplied with a mechanical stop
- Mandrels protection by a self-draining, mechanical labyrinthed system (no bellows used)
- The system of transport guarantees a very good stability and reduces the breaking of slabs
- Motorized pressing bar
- Extractable supporting bar for large pieces
- Conveyor belt speed adjustable by control panel
- Control panel assembled on adjustable arm, always reachable
- No need of foundations, 2 drainage points