Two edge polishers in one
Edge polisher LTX COMBI, like all the Marmo Meccanica machines, stands out for the quality of the work, its sturdiness, the safety standards adopted, which guarantee maximum protection for the operator, and the practical and accessible technical solutions.
The LTX COMBI project has been designed to condense all flat, rounded, round-flat polishing on rectilinear edges in a single machine equipped with two sets of spindles: one specific for rounded edges (derived from LTN) and the other for flat ones (derived from LCH). For this reason, with LTX COMBI it is possible not only to process both round and flat profiles, but in particular the production of profiles with both round and flat surfaces, such as demi-bullnose or pencil rounds, will considerably speed up.
Every LTX COMBI edge polisher is equipped with:
- No. 1 ADJUSTABLE ENTRY BAR, from 0 to 6 mm, to register highly accurate measurements for the edge-milling mandrel.
- No. 1 INGOING CALIBRATING/DRIP CUTTING UNIT to gauge thickness at an adjustable depth (max. 100 mm). The mandrel can be adjusted both laterally and longitudinally on its supporting shaft; plus, it can be rotated 0°-90°, and can also be used to carry out slotting for the drip stone. For Ø 250 mm tools.
- N. 1 EDGE-MILLING MANDREL to carry out a precisely measured and squared milling of the edge. This passage guarantees maximum accuracy for chamfers and pencil-round corners.
- No. 2 OPPOSING MANDRELS INCLINED AT 45° to cut chamfers and/or bevels of various dimensions. Whenever you need to carry out rounded profile edges, these mandrels, if equipped with specific diamond conetrunk grinding wheels, greatly help the shaping made by the oscillating mandrels to the desired edge shape. For Ø 130 mm wheels.
- No. 6 OSCILLATING MANDRELS to carry out the shaping of rounded and inclined profiles. The first one can be equipped with cup-shaped diamond grinding wheels in order. The other five mandrels are equipped with polishing and smoothing abrasive grinding wheels. If necessary, all 6 mandrels can be equipped with abrasive grinding wheels. For Ø 130 mm wheels.
- No. 5 STILL POLISHING/FACING MANDRELS to carry out the processing of all flat and flat-round profiles. The first one has an adjustable mechanical limit switch and can be equipped with diamond grinding wheels. For Ø 130 mm wheels.
- No. 2 OPPOSING MANDRELS INCLINED AT 45° to polish chamfers. For wheels up to Ø 130 mm.
- No. 1 UNIT FOR BACK STRIP FACING, ROTOR BUSH-HAMMERING, AND NON-SLIP STRIPS .
- The oscillating mandrels are unified, tested on thousands of machines, and protected by a mazelike mechanical system (without bellows). Each mandrel has a hydraulic motor and makes distinct revolutions.
- The mandrel-holding beam is pressurized and works by a lever-and-rod oscillation system (it requires no maintenance and has been highly tested over the years – 1987 Marmo Meccanica original patent) and micro-oscillation for flat parts.
- The oscillation system is driven by two motors connected through an electric axle, which allows mechanical simplification, reduced maintenance, high performance, and good reliability.
- The positioning of the functional units is automatic.
- The PLC software-controlled functioning of the units allows partial processing, as well as advance and delay programmation for each pneumatically actioned mandrel.
- Conveyor belt speed adjustable by control panel.
- The system of transport guarantees a very good stability and reduces the breaking of slabs.
- Extractable supporting bar for large pieces (up to 27 inches from the belt)
- Water drainage system: no water on the ground, no foundations needed for the installation.
- The control panel is easily accessible on its articulated arm.
- The touchscreen programmer allows to set the machine quickly and intuitively by choosing among various default profiles. The default programs can be customized and stored.
- It is possible to carry out partial processing and to program distinct advances and delays for the engagement of each pneumatic mandrel.
The programmer has also the following functions:
- DIAGNOSTICS: to find out any working anomalies and/or failures;
- WORKING STATISTICS: to store quantities according to the types of processing performed (partial, resetting and total counters);
- MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE: it reminds the user the ordinary maintenance to be carried out.